A Versatile Solution for Small Studios
If you’re like many recording musicians, your studio relies on software effects and a few hardware devices. You need a versatile recording interface with great sound and enough analog inputs and outputs to mic a large drum kit or a small band. We have two words for you: FireStudio™ Project.
The FireStudio Project’s front panel features six mic/line inputs and two mic/instrument inputs, each with high-headroom, sweet-sounding XMAX™ Class A solid-state preamps. That’s easily enough for a small project studio. The mic/instrument channels even have insert loops so you can add outboard effects.
Need digital I/O? No problem: FireStudio Project includes stereo S/PDIF. We’ve also included MIDI In and Out. In short, you get all of the connectivity you are likely to need.
Still, as you develop your recording rig, your I/O needs may grow. No problem: you can daisy-chain the FireStudio Project with a second FireStudio Project, or with any interface in the FireStudio family, for up to 52 inputs and outputs. With FireStudio-series interfaces, your rig can expand to match your growing needs.
Clear, Clean, and Complete
At PreSonus, delivering great sound is our primary focus. In addition to XMAX preamps, the FireStudio Project features high-definition, 24-bit digital converters that sample at up to 96 kHz and provide 114 dB dynamic range.
And with PreSonus’ lauded JetPLL™ jitter-elimination technology, you get the tightest, most reliable digital sync in the industry. Translated into plain English, you can rely on clear, clean audio with great imaging.
The FireStudio Project features an internal 18-input software mixer/router that allows you to set up to 5 cue mixes with zero latency. You can set up cue mixes in the included Universal Control control-panel software or in our amazing Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac® and Windows®, which comes bundled free with all of our interfaces.
Combined with a FireStudio Project interface and your computer, Studio One Artist gives you virtually everything you need to record and mix a project.
Whether your focus is on studio recording, live-sound recording, podcasting, sound design, or all of the above, the FireStudio Project is your complete solution.
- 8 dual-purpose front-panel channel inputs, each with high-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifiers
- 6 combo XLR/¼” mic/line inputs
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 8 general-purpose balanced ¼” line outputs
- 1 ¼” stereo headphone output with volume control
- 2 balanced ¼” line-level insert sends (for channels 1 and 2)
- 2 balanced ¼” line-level insert returns (for channels 1 and 2)
- S/PDIF in/out (coaxial)
- MIDI In/Out
- 2 FireWire 400 ports
- Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -16 to +16 dBV line / -4 to +50 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- 3-segment, fast-acting LED input metering on all analog channels
- Main-output level control
- Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
- Daisy-chain multiple FireStudios or other FireStudio-family products to create a large, custom system
- 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- High-definition A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- JetPLL™ Jitter Elimination Technology (improved stereo imaging and clarity)
- Zero-latency monitoring via 18x10 DSP matrix mixer/router
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- Internal power supply with standard IEC power cord
- Studio One® Artist 2
- PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 6+ GB of third-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
- Universal Control control-panel application for Mac OS X and Windows
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FireStudio Project:
- Windows® XP SP3, Vista x64/x32 SP2, Windows 7 x64/x32 SP
- Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) port
- Internet connection (only for activation)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended